Saturday, December 10, 2011

Introductions

Welcome to my ER blog. My name is Karen. My hospital and area will remain nameless in the interest of confidentiality.  I'm 50-something and  been nursing for 25 + years. I've worked in different fields, but my latest gig has been 6 years in the emergency room, the last 2 years in a level 1 trauma center in the inner city. 

I'm majorly burnout. My personal life has been effected by the economy. I am the primary breadwinner for  my family. I work 40+ hours every week.  I'm getting to old for this.  But, to get out of it I have to go back to school, get my masters, and I don't have the time , the money or the energy for it.  So I'm kinda stuck right now until my situation improves. So I'm opening my blog for myself and others out there to vent and raise issues that you feel are important to you. I'd like to see where this goes.

I'm still working on creating this blog.  I'm a rank amateur!!!! But I wanted to get on and invite comment.  I hope in the future to post about situations that have been makin' me crazy and have no forum to air!!!! I'll be here and I'll try to check in as often as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment